Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, January 11, 2013

Football Frenzy – A mom’s spin on the Super Bowl


There was a lot of hype surrounding the recent college football game between Alabama State and Notre Dame. Then I found out that it’s almost time for early bird registration for my son’s little league football team. AND the Super Bowl is upon us.
All of this football talk started me thinking…what would a Super Bowl for moms look like? I would compare the game of football to assigning my kids a list of chores to complete. Here’s what I think it would look like at my house.

Kickoff – a list of chores written on a football or written on a piece of paper attached to a football.

Kick return – my boys receiving the list of chores. The only downfall to this is that they would probably fumble the ball just so they didn’t have to read the list of chores.

Flag on the play – the boys would receive a penalty every time I had to repeat myself when giving them a task to complete.
First Down – when the first task is completed.

Half Time – there would not be any cool commercials, but I would be sure to cheer and shout over accomplishments made during the first half of our faux football game.
Touchdown – A touchdown is scored when a task is completed by one of the kids.

Championship Ring – the winners would be presented with championship rings made of twist ties from a loaf of bread.

In reality my kids would look at me like I was from another planet if I told them, let’s turn your chore list into a game of football. So what do you really do with the kids during the Super Bowl? We create a small party with snacks.
An article titled Fun for the kids during the super bowl, listed ideas to do with the kids during the super bowl. Below are a few favorites:

·         Buy a green paper tablecloth and let the kids decorate it to look like a football field.

·         Serve football themed snacks – cupcakes, cookies, cake.

·         Have football themed word searches or crossword puzzles. Have the kids compete to see who will finish first.
What would a Mom’s Super Bowl look like at your house? Do you do anything special for Super Bowl Sunday?


No comments:

Post a Comment