Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Independence Day chronicles



Happy Independence Day! What comes to mind when you think of the July 4th Holiday…freedom, fireworks, family barbecues, parades or something else? In our city, there is always a parade to attend or friends and family to visit.
This year we skipped the parade and decided to grill at my mother’s house. My uncle, “the grill master” was in charge of the food. However, mom and I decided to venture out to the store during the wee hours morning to pick up a few more things.
Of course we didn’t only purchase the things we went for, we got fun stuff too. Somehow we ended up in the toy section. Aaaah the flashback of childhood memories. I tested out the hula hoop in the middle of a vacant aisle.
A customer passed by and smiled, then a store worker smiled. I put the hula hoop in our cart and said, “I think it’s time to move on now.”
Once we got home and enlisted the help of the kids to unload the car, we played a little. The boys tested their skill with the hula hoop. They soon discovered that they’re better off sticking with basketball and football.
As the temperature increased outside and other family members arrived, the water balloons were brought out. And the festivities began… the fireworks are yet to come.








How have you spent your Fourth of July holiday?

No comments:

Post a Comment