Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 9, 2012

7 signs that you need vacation

Grocery shopping can be fun...or wild.

When was the last time you went on a vacation? If it took you longer than 10 seconds to respond, then you are past do for a vacation. If you are not quite sure that you are ready for a getaway, read a little further then make your decision.

The kids and I made a quick stop at the grocery store on our way home the other day. I told them I wanted to grab a few things for a cooking class at work. Their trigger words must be, “buy something for work.” When these words are mentioned, my kids seem to take this to mean, “let’s go wild.”

Once inside the store my baby boy (12 years old) decided he wanted to get inside of the shopping cart. I warned him, “If you get stuck I am not calling the fire department to get you out.”

SIDE Note: I drove to the fire department seeking help to get my son out of his seat belt a few years ago. He was playing around and somehow twisted himself into a position he could not get out of. The seatbelt had to be cut off.
It would appear that all of my outings with the boys are some type of adventure gone wild. We made it out of the grocery store without much drama. After waving to a few people as though they were in a parade, the boys soon tied of playing in the shopping cart. However, I assured them that their adventure would appear on my blog.

If this story doesn’t convince you that one of us needs a vacation, see if you identify with anything from the checklist below - reasons why you may need a vacation, a staycation, or just a half day trip somewhere.

·         Summer is just getting into full swing and the kids are bored, so they spend all of their free time begging you to take them somewhere.

·         You let your kids do the laundry, after completing two loads of clothes the detergent container is almost empty. You just purchased the detergent a week ago.

·         Bill collectors call you by your first name. They’re in contact with you so much that they feel they know you.

·         You wake up tired…just thinking about how much you need to accomplish.

·         Back to school supplies are already being displayed in the stores.

·         A child comes up to you and says, “My grandma has a shirt like that.”…and you’re 40ish.

·         You tell your kids to clean a room and when you return it looks worse than it did when you gave the assignment.

What would you add to the list of signs that you need a vacation?

2 comments:

  1. Haha at the t-shirt line. So funny! And that picture is too cute. I went on a vacation a few months ago (Miami in February and California in March). Aiden and I went on vacation last August (a cruise around the carribean and puerto rico). We're not going on vacation this summer because I'm saving it for his tuition this year, but we'll be planning one for spring break next year. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It loooks like you pick the best times to travel. Miami in February sounds great as well as California.

    A bet Aiden is excited about his new school.

    ReplyDelete