Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Journey to parenthood


Did you play pretend as a child? My friends and I played  “dress up” and “school” where someone was the teacher and the other kids were the students. We also played a game where we indicated how old we would be when we got married, had kids and who we would marry. We also guessed at what type of car we would drive. Boy, were we dumb.
I remember saying I would get married at 23 or 25 years old and I would have three kids. Well, none of that happened. At age 23, I was just graduating from college and didn’t get married until I was 30.

At one point I thought I wanted twins, one boy and one girl. After having one continuously crying baby boy, I was glad he was not a twin. I have two bouncing boys (big boys now). So what was the point of my childhood game? Nothing…it was just something fun to do.

Although life doesn’t always go as we plan, we have to learn to enjoy the journey. Along the journey to parenthood there is a lot to learn. Once you become a parent you begin a new chapter in your book.
I am glad I was blessed with the kids I have, imperfections and all. Challenges come and go, then they are just a memory. I am practicing not sweating the small stuff.



Below is my journey to parenthood through pictures (there are photos missing along the journey, but the general idea is here).
Me- maybe first grade?




 

High school graduation.
My boys.

Tired mom.



What are your memories about your journey to parenthood?

Last week I gave the challenge to capture your child doing something silly or funny and report back. Tell how it made you feel…did you laugh, scream, join them? This is all about enjoying your journey through parenthood.

No comments:

Post a Comment