Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 30, 2020

Fun Friday – Is Your Shower a Scary Place?

 

Photo Credit:  Pinterest

Standing in the center of the shower, warm water taps the back of your neck and trickles down. Lathers of soap surround you; feeling relaxed, you’re able to think clearly. So clearly that ideas began to flow like a running faucet. Everything is dancing in your head, story ideas, the grocery list, calls you want to remember to make. How will you remember it all?

In a writer’s group discussion, the question came up about where our ideas come from. My rapid reply was, “in the shower.” The organizer of the group mentioned that there are Bathtub Crayons that can be used to write your thoughts on the shower wall. My imagination came to life as I said, “Is that safe? That could be the scene of a horror movie.”

I could see my wall notes being misinterpreted. After I’ve gotten dressed and left the room, my notes scribbled on the wall, drying in smears, my son would enter. Scenes flash in his head from Freddie Kruger, Jason, Michael Meyers, and Norman Bates from Psycho. My words come from scriptures, but when whispered may sound like the voice from a character just mentioned.

“…I know the plans I have for you.”

“…seek and you shall find.”

I’ll have to be careful with those Bathtub Crayons or soap scum won’t be the scariest thing in the shower. Have you ever gotten in the show and begin to think about everything you need to do for the day?  By the time you twist the knobs to turn of the water, all of your brilliant ideas slid down the drain with lathers of soap and water.

Perhaps those Bathtub Crayons aren’t such a bad idea afterall.

What things trigger your creative juices?

No comments:

Post a Comment