Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, October 5, 2020

Muffins with Mom – Blueberry Pancakes – True Confessions

 

Photo Credit: Pinch of Yum

I never liked blueberries as a child. It took me until adulthood to accept them in my smoothies. Then along came a Facebook post from a friend, with picture of a delightful looking stack of blueberry pancakes, topped with a drizzle of honey. This was something I had to try.

Pancakes were often the breakfast of choice at our house. While my sons were stuck at home with me during the stay home order, I experimented in the kitchen. Award winning Blueberry Pancakes did not develop in my kitchen. My son made a confession last week.

“We didn’t want to tell at the time, but those pancakes had TOO many blueberries. It was like 50 blueberries in one pancake.”

His confession continued.

“Me and Don looked at each other and laughed. We didn’t say at word, just used telecommunication. Then Don asked me, ‘are there supposed to be this many blueberries?’ We kept eating them because you don’t cook that often. We ate fast to get through them.”

My son said I came in the room and asked, “Do you want some more?”

Unknowingly, I was answered with pleading eyes of torture – back away from the griddle.

Blueberries will remain an ingredient in my smoothies, as for pancakes, perhaps I’ll try adding chocolate chips.

Have you heard any food confessions lately?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment