Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Motivational Moment – A walk of faith


 

Flip flops, gym shoes, and work boots, this was the collection of shoes in a clump near my front door. How do you determine which shoes to wear for the day? What do your shoes reflect about you?

 Loafer – associated with comfort and relaxation.

High Heel – reflects boldness and confidence.

Gym Shoe – active, ready to get moving

Work Boot – sturdy

Often, we select our shoes based on what we have planned for the day. If you have a presentation at work you dress a particular way, for casual Friday, a different way. Every day is a walk of faith. Is there a shoe that reflects your faith walk? It may be different each day.

There have been occasions where I’ve had a gym shoe day and had to coax my body to get up and get moving. It felt like I needed WD-40 to oil my joints and make them flexible. My feet hit the floor and I roll up one vertebra at a time and whisper a quick prayer.

On other gym shoe days, I spring from the bed as spry as a grasshopper, ready to workout and get the day started. Again, there is a prayer on my lips, only audible to God. The morning ritual was off to a good start with washing my face and brushing my teeth. I know He doesn’t care if my breath stinks, but it makes me feel better.

I pulled on my workout clothes, laced my gym shoes, and bounced to an open space in my Livingroom, ready for a virtual workout. In addition to my workout gear, my faith was right there with me too, on the inside.

Over the course of the week, I’ll strap on a pair of heels and walk bold through my day. By the end of the week loafers will replace heels as I ease into a state of comfort. Flip flops, gym shoes or work boots, no matter what shoe you wear, walk with faith.

Walk into your day bold, confident, and filed with faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment