Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, December 20, 2019

Fun Friday – Uncovering humor for the Holidays

Photo Credit: Health Journal


Tis’ the season to be jolly…you know the rest. It is also the time of year many people experience a lot of stress. Take a step away from what is causing you stress and find something funny in your day. You may have to uncover the humor in a situation.

On many occasions, a young child brings a smile to my face; it happened most recently on a Sunday morning during a youth Sunday school class. Here’s the scenario…

Sunday School Teacher:          Today our lesson is about David
Six Year Old:                           I know David
Sunday School Teacher:          I don’t think you know this David
Six Year Old:                           Are you serious?

The Holiday season seems to be a time when sweet treats are plentiful and many people vow to begin a health regimen in the New Year. I am one of those “many people.” A few situations caused me to think about changing my fitness routine. Here are my thoughts:

You might need to change your fitness routine if…

·         Your fitness app is draining your phone battery, and you don’t even use the app.

·         Your arm exercises consist of lifting your fork to your mouth.

·         You step on the scale and your prayer is, “please don’t let that peach cobbler have put me over my weight loss goals.”

Jesus is the reason for the season, and it is the season to be jolly, joyful and living your best life.

What humorous situations have you uncovered during this Holiday season?

Happy Holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment