Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, December 30, 2019

Motivational Monday – 7 Things to quit in the New Year



Count your blessings more than your problems and you will change the outlook of your situation. It was obvious to me this Holiday season how much my sons have matured. As they decorated our Christmas tree I smiled as they hung decorations all around the tree and not just near the bottom.

My artificial Christmas tree has been around so long that’s it’s like one of the family. My sons are nearly the same height as the prelit tree with lights that no longer work. I like the tree because it’s easy to assemble. This year I added lights, but only half of them worked. I could have complained, but I didn’t.

Instead of complaining (this time), I reflected on the memories that surrounded my out-of- date Christmas tree. There was more than one Christmas where my boys would tip-toe from their bedroom, creep up to the tree and shake every gift trying to determine the contents. Other evidence of Christmases past include photos of the boys in pajamas in front of the Christmas tree or wearing matching sweaters.

As I count my blessings, I’ve thought about things I can quit doing in the New Year. One idea is to Quit Complaining (or at least complain less). Take a moment to reflect over your year and count your blessings. Then come up with a list of things that you can quit doing in the New Year. Below is a list of ideas to get you started – 7 Things to quit in the New Year

1.      Thinking you’re not good enough
2.      Thinking you’re too old
3.      Giving away all of your time
4.      Toxic friendships/relationships
5.      Giving excuses for not focusing on self-care
6.      Stressing over past mistakes
7.      Negative self-talk
Never give up on yourself.
Wishing you a prosperous New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment