Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wellness Wednesday - Tips for taking care of your total body

Shape your body and your nails
check out the many styles of Color Street nail polish strips here

After an exhilarating workout, you're left feeling energized from head to toe. Make a commitment to do one thing each day to get your body moving for the health of it.

Need ideas...?

  • Get up and move during every commercial while watching TV.
  • Dance around the house while cleaning.
  • Take a walk after dinner (or during a lunch break).
Like a cherry on top of an ice cream sundae, top-off your healthy routine with attention to your hair, skin, and nails. Create a stay-at-home spa day for yourself or a group of friends. Indulge in facials, manicures and pedicures.

You can be a Wonder Woman or Super Girl at the gym, then go home for an evening of pampering.


Once you're ready to relax and rest your body, think of these tips...
  • Moisturize you hands, and feet - they work just as hard as the res of your body.
  • Rest when you feel you need it - it's okay to take a nap if you're feeling exhausted (in my opinion anyway).
  • Turn the TV off 30 minutes before bedtime - I think I heard this somewhere (I'm not the expert here), but this helps me to settle my body in preparation for sleep. Although sometimes I fall asleep as soon as my head is a few inches from the pillow.
What tips do you have for taking care of your total body?





No comments:

Post a Comment