Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, September 21, 2018

Fun Friday – Life’s little changes – 3 secrets to managing change

Mama's New Hair (left)
Some people lay out their clothes in preparation for the next day, I laid out my hair. I was ready to change my hair style.

My son saw a new package of weave on my night stand and he screamed, “Noooo, not the fake hair. I like your hair natural.”

I tried to console him. “It’s ok son, Mama will still be the same person. I’ll just have brown hair instead of grey and it’ll be 14 inches longer.”

The above scenario demonstrates how change can be uncomfortable and at times stressful. Below are three secrets to help you successfully manage changes in your life.

1.      Celebrate the positives – think about some of the positive things that come from change. Perhaps you’ve met new friends, learned a new skill, or grew in some other aspect, due to a change in your situation.
2.      Exercise – exercise has been said to help decrease symptoms of depression. Even going for a walk can make you feel better.
3.      Choose your thoughts and attitudes about change – “negative thoughts block your creativity and problem-solving abilities.”

Click here for more tips on dealing with change.

Change can be good. We need to embrace it rather than fear it or become filled with anxiety. I’m not saying it’s always easy, but armed with the right coping tools, we make it through.

Now, it you want to dye your hair blonde, red, or shave sections of it, be prepared to console your family.

No comments:

Post a Comment