Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, September 28, 2018

Fun Friday – Uncovering humor with family and friends



There is humor all around us each day, sometimes it slaps us in the face, other times it pops out when you least expect it. Once upon a time…

Who will mow the lawn?
My son called me at work one day to ask if I knew the location of some item he couldn’t find. After I assisted him I asked, “By the way have you cut the grass yet?”

“Oh…no. I’m waiting for the wind to die down. You know I’m skinny and I might blow away.”
SIDE NOTE: There was a slight wind that day, with sunny skies. My son is 6’3, strong and full of sarcasm.

Friendly conversation
My former college roommate attended an event where I performed comedy. During the intermission, we had a brief opportunity to talk. She said that right before I went on stage, she was conversing with the guy sitting next to her. She told him, “Oh she’s funny. I saw her perform last year. She’s my ex roommate.”

The guy politely leaned in to her and said, “I know, she’s my ex-wife.”

Haircuts
I was having lunch with my mom at a local deli, when a sign at the barbershop across the street caught my eye. The sign read, “Good haircuts $7.00.”
This made me wonder, how much for bad haircuts?

What humorous situations have you uncovered lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment