Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, July 13, 2018

Feel Good Friday – Leadership

photo credit - DYM BLog - Download Youth Ministry

My teen son came home from his summer camp job and said, “Ma, I salute you. I don’t know how you worked eight hours a day, then came how to deal with us. Those kids are wearing me out.”

After I finished my deep belly laugh, I said, “You do what you need to do.” My son actually stood and saluted me in the middle of our living room. It felt good that he recognized that parenting or being an adult for that matter, takes effort.

I explained to my son that he experienced first-hand, the reason for training. If we are to grow and transform as leaders, training is beneficial. Ladies, you may have experienced moments where you felt like you had to go from bottles to the board room.

As my son alluded to, we go from parenting at home to a leadership role at work. I’ve always appreciated attending retreats as they help to motivate, encourage, and provide new resources for your journey.

I met Joscelyn this year and was impressed by her professionalism and accomplishments. Through her business, JADE Strategies, she is offering JADE Strategies’ Trailblazing Women’s Retreat. The information is below, but check out her website for more details. The event will be held in Auburn Hills, MI.

If you don’t live in Michigan, don’t let that stop you. Hope in a car or on a plane with a friend and get ready to “awaken your inner trailblazer” (Joscelyn Davis).

Greetings!
I’m looking forward to welcoming you and our very special guests* at
JADE Strategies’ Trailblazing Women’s Retreat
on Saturday, August 4th at Baker College of Auburn Hills!


Seats are limited, and registration ends in less than three weeks.



 *In addition to engaging in advanced leadership training, we’ll honor the first recipient of the Scorch Award, Chenita W. Gary, founder of a truly innovative company, which she developed after attending a trailblazing women’s workshop and which is now a thriving enterprise! We’ll also hear from a distinguished panel of professional women who will share their stories of triumph and challenge in blazing their career paths.


 What others are saying about Trailblazing Women’s Workshops:
"JADE Strategies' Trailblazer workshop was a refreshing take on women supporting women.... No matter what stage of trailblazing you're in,
there's something to be gained by everyone who participates in this forum."  Stefanie Worth, Nonprofit Executive Director

“...Training is inspiring, detailed, and extremely transformational for women who want to become effective leaders."
Marian McClellan, Mayor

Warm regards,
Joscelyn A. Davis
Founder, President and Chief Strategist
JADE Strategies, Inc.

Take time for personal improvement. Do it for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment