Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, January 26, 2018

Fun Friday – A day in the life of a parent


Trash Day
Anyone ever play a game with your kids called Take out the Trash? I must confess, this is a game that was unintentionally made-up in my household. No one ever wanted to take out the trash. My kids would toss items into the trash until it was almost overflowing, but didn’t tie it up.

I would push the trash deeper into the can and wait for one of the kids to take it outside. It didn’t happen. We continued to stack more trash on top, like Jenga blocks. Until finally, I tied the bag and sat it in the middle of the kitchen floor.

My son said, “Ma, did you want that trash taken out?”

I glared at him and said, “Yes, Sherlock Homeboy, take the trash out.”

Etiquette
While chatting on the phone with my mom one day, I was snacking on popcorn. My mother paused mid-sentence and asked, “What are you doing?”
“I’m eating popcorn.”

“Wow, sounds to me like you’re at a manufacturing plant, banging out toys.”

And the moral of the story…it’s not polite to eat while you’re talking on the phone.

Attention to details



While organizing a room, I came across an old photo of my mom holding my eighteen-year-old son, when he was nine months. I texted the photo to my son for laughs. He laughed, then he said, “Why do you still have that same lamp?”

“Because it still works.”

I guess I got my money’s worth out of that lamp.


What parenting episodes have you experienced lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment