Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Muffins with Mom – 10 ways to add a little silly to your life


Orange Berry Muffin

It’s Monday…again, and you have so many things that you want to accomplish that your head is spinning just thinking about them. This is a sign that it is time to let loose and act silly. If you are afraid that a random act of silliness my ruin your reputation, it’s ok to carry out the task in private.
I can’t say that I’ve had any trouble with being silly and I think it has rubbed off on my boys. If I tend to get out of control, one of my sons will look at me while shaking his head and say, “you’re doing too much.”

Here’s what silly looks like at our house:

 
 
 
 


When things begin to feel overwhelming add a little silly to your life by trying one of the following ideas:

1.      Take a silly photo

2.      Watch a movie that makes you laugh (even if you’ve seen it a million times)

3.      Make up a silly poem –

Roses are Red

Violets are Blue

I’ll clean the house, if you help too

4.      Do something you always tell your kids not to do…try it

-Play with your food (make a happy face on your pancakes)

-Chew with your mouth open

-Run through the house

Your kids will either think something is wrong with you or they will join you.

5.      Talk like a pirate all day

6.      Do the Chicken Dance

7.      Conduct a silly science experiment with your child

8.      Play a silly game

9.      Create a silly word of the day – every time your child uses the silly word of the day he earns a reward of your choosing

10.  Have a silly hair day (just rolled out of bed hair doesn’t count)
 


What will you do today to add a little silly to your life?

5 comments:

  1. Your son is very tall. How do you feel looking up to him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are great tips! Silly happens at my house all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes Peaches he is tall. His height doesn't bother me.

    Sherry - I thoroughly enjoy when silly happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun ideas! I need a little more silly in my life. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danda - here's to wishing you a little more silly for today (-:

    ReplyDelete