Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, January 17, 2014

A broken navigation system


Photo credit

It’s basketball season at our house, which means time to travel. I was somewhat ready for the journey to our recent “away” game. The GPS navigation wasn’t working on my phone, so I printed mapquest directions. However, my son’s role was to help keep me on track, a simple enough task, or so I thought.

What do you do when your navigation system is broken? A back up plan is always a good idea. The person in the photo below was my back up plan… the teen who was supposed to help me navigate. He fell asleep.

My sleeping navigator

Here are a five solutions that I have for surviving a trip with a broken navigation system:

1.      Don’t ask a sleepy teen to help you navigate.

2.      Don’t be afraid to stop and ask for directions along the way.

3.      Take someone with you to keep you company in case you get lost.

4.      Travel with snacks to help ease any tension or frustration.

5.      Borrow someone else’s navigation system.

What suggestions do you have for getting somewhere new without a navigation system?

1 comment:

  1. I call my husband and have him navigate over the phone. :)

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete