Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Musings – A Reflection on parenting


Photo Credit: www.ememby.com

Have you ever done something then thought, I wish I had handled that differently? As my son moves well into his senior year of high school, I often wonder about the lessons he has learned at home. Have I taught him enough things? Have I spent enough time with him? And the list goes on.
When I came across the poem below, I thought it was fitting to share with other parents.

If I Had My Child to Raise Over Again
If I had my child to raise all over again,

I’d build self-esteem first, and the house later.

I’d finger-paint more, and point the finger less.

I would do less correcting and more connecting.

I’d take my eyes off my watch, and watch with my eyes.

I’d take more hikes and fly more kites.

I’d stop playing serious, and seriously play.

I would run through more fields and gaze at more stars.

I’d do more hugging and less tugging.
 
By Diane Loomans

 
Today’s a new day – finger paint more, take a hike, play hard and gaze at a few stars.

What does your parenting reflection look like at this moment?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment