Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 18, 2013

Feel Good Friday – Family Appreciation Day


 
Churches have Family and Friends Day, schools have Teacher Appreciation Day, today is designated as Family Appreciation Day here at my blog. What do you appreciate about your family at this moment?
Today I appreciate the silly side of my family. One lazy day at the end of summer my boys and I decided to make a trip to our local Target store. Not really caring about our attire, we jumped in the car and headed down the road.

As we jogged (for no reason at all) from the parking lot to the entrance of the store, my son noticed our attire. I was wearing thin cotton workout pants that were too long to be Capri pants, but just short enough to look weird. My younger son had on jean shorts that were a little tight and much shorter than the knee length that the teens wear now.
My oldest son, whom I call grasshopper because of his long legs, wore sweat pants and a t-shirt. A t-shirt that swallowed his lean slim body. As he jogged to catch up with his brother and me he said, “We look bad as a unit.” It was a special moment as we all erupted with laughter.

Here’s a bit of inspiration for your day (courtesy of www/facebook.com/InspirationforFamilies.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Now for you…what do you appreciate about your family?

No comments:

Post a Comment