Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, September 29, 2021

Wellness Wednesday – National Women’s Health and Fitness Day


 Peloton Bike Ride -  Session for a first timer

Thank you Peloton. Several of my fit friends post pictures of themselves working out with the popular Peloton Bike to encourage others. I learned a few things about my body as I took my first ride on the Peloton bike. Today, September 29th, is celebrate as Women’s Health and Fitness Day.

Today I celebrate with a fitness story. Along the fitness journey you may become bored with your routine workout, or just want to try something different. While away from home at a conference, I checked out the hotel fitness center. I was pleasantly surprised by the size and variety of equipment available.

As I completed bicep curls and headed for the Elliptical machine, I caught a glimpse from the corner of my eye. It was the Peloton bike staring at me, flirting, as if to say, come on over here, give it a try. I rolled my eyes at the Peloton, and got on the elliptical, moving my arms and legs at varying speeds.

It wasn’t until the next day, that I had the courage to venture over to the Peloton. I climbed onto the seat, slid my feet into the pedal straps, and scanned the menu choices for a workout. I attempted to get my rump positioned appropriately on the seat, but it kept fighting me, and would not fit. It certainly gave new meaning to the word fitness.

I selected a workout tailored to my needs, it said first timer. The trainer was encouraging and kept me motivated. I felt as though he was talking directly to me. The session was only 20 minutes, but it was intense. I may need to repeat that session a few more times before I’m ready to take the training wheels off and advance to a more intense workout.

What is your fitness routine like? If you’re not doing anything, just start. Do something at a moderate pace to get your body moving. Walking counts too, don’t discount the benefits of walking. Since it’s National Women’s Fitness Day, commit to doing one thing today related to fitness. One step, one day at a time, will lead you to your end goal.

Get fit and take a friend with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment