Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, September 3, 2021

Fun Friday – What’s in your closet? A Humorous Look at a Weight Loss Journey


 Do you remember as a child being afraid of monsters under the bed or in the closet? Well, there are still monsters in my closet; they’re in the form of clothes I can no longer fit. Here’s a peek inside my closet.

Two sections exist in my closet – Hopes & Dreams, and I Wish You Would. The Hopes & Dreams section holds the clothes in smaller sizes, that I didn’t want to let go. These are clothes that I hope I can fit again one day, but my body says keep dreaming.

In the I wish you would section are the sexy dresses I can’t fit any more. When I touch these dresses they scream, I wish you would…try to stuff yourself in here. I listen to them and move on. Never fear there is hope on the horizon.

A new section of my closet has birthed – The Comfort Zone. The clothes in this section are not judgmental; they are stretchy, soft, and encouraging. Warning – these clothes can grow with you and push their limits.

If you are on a weight loss journey, view it as just that, a journey, not a sprint. Don’t put  the greatest emphasis on how much weight you’ve lost, but on progress you’re making. Do one thing each day to get you closer to where you want to be. It can be as simple as drinking more water, stretching while sitting at your desk, or committing to taking more steps throughout your day.

Reward yourself along your journey. We all know, a person doesn’t become healthy, fit, or lose weight overnight. It may take baby steps and finding a way to have joy during the process. Everyday is not an upbeat day, but I find a way to incorporate humor, and you can too.

A reward can be a new journal (oh, wait that’s what I did), a home spa day, or popcorn and Netflix. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to make yourself feel like a million bucks.

Get rid of the proverbial monsters under your bed, in your head, and in your closet. Call the exterminator – prayer, hope, and determination.

Make your inner critic your new friend, chat with her about your outer beauty. Well, tell that inner critic to shut up. You are beautiful from the inside out.

Add a few new items to your closet – prayer, hope, determination, persistence, and humor.

You've Got This!


No comments:

Post a Comment