Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, August 13, 2021

Feel Good Friday – National Relaxation Day

 


Weekend grocery shopping, paying bills, driving kids to practices…if these were statements on Jeopardy, what questions would you come up with? Here’s the category question I’d come up with, what are things that can cause stress? Now that you have stress at the forefront of your mind, let’s discuss the opposite of that – relaxation.

National Relaxation Day is celebrated on August 15th. This is an opportunity to focus on your health and well-being. Below are 3 ways to celebrate this national holiday.

1.      Create an at home retreat – one thing I like to do is go in a quiet room, hang my shingle on the door that says, “Gone Writing,” and listen to quiet music as I create. Your retreat could include sitting and looking out at nature. You may see something amazing happening, or at least interesting.

As I looked out my kitchen window one sunny morning, I saw a bunny sitting in the middle of my backyard. I watched a couple minutes as it chewed on a blade of grass, then stretched its hind legs, and back to chewing.

A chuckle escaped my throat as I thought, is that bunny doing yoga in my yard? She was relaxed and so was I.

2.      Spend time with family and friends who make you laugh – My crew keeps me laughing. Check out the faces in the photo below, each one of them has a story (as we all do). They frequently do or say things that cause them to end up in a blog post or comedy set. When I mentioned this to my son he said, “so I guess you’re not really funny, since you get all your material from us.”



3.      Get a massage – no explanation needed. This is something you deserve.

Whether it’s the beginning, middle, or end of your week, press pause on your busy life, and make time to relax.

You could probably think of a dozen other ways to add relaxation to your agenda. What would you add to the list above?

1 comment:

  1. One think I like to do to relax is to watch something funny like clean comedy and laugh hard. Laughter awakens my spirit and allows joy to enter my life for hours afterward.

    ReplyDelete