Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 12, 2021

Motivational Monday – Laughter H.E.L.P.S. – 4 ways to appear slimmer in photos



One of my favorite picture books is titled, Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. It’s the story of a boy who feels like he’s having the worst day of his life. He got gum stuck in his hair, tripped over his skateboard, and an avalanche of other mishaps. Have you ever had an off day, where things seemed to go wrong?

It’s not funny when we experience health problems, loss of income, challenging family situations, to name a few struggles. Even something as small as running late for work can throw our day off. Laughter can help ease the tension of a crazy day.

In the eBook, Laughter H.E.L.P.S. – A Happier, Healthier You, by Angela Verges (wait that’s me), I encourage the reader to use humor to survive life’s struggles. The acronym in the title reflects a hint of the content in the essays:

Hope

Encouragement

Love

Prayer

Strength

Today, let’s look at the word love. Always be sure to show love to yourself. I’ve come to the conclusion that I have to love my body at every stage of life and not stress over trying to lose weight. Being healthy may require a lifestyle change and that’s the ultimate goal.

I gained weight over the Holiday…three years ago…and I’m still trying to get rid of it. I think my metabolism got mad at me and quit working.

A friend shared with me that she lost 20 pounds in 5 weeks. I told her, “I’ll take five pounds in five weeks. I need to know what you’re doing.” She shared her secret with me, and I told her I would give it a try…right after I finished my box of CheezIts.

And that my friends, is why my metabolism is angry with me. I exercise, but the right combination of food and meal planning is needed. Until I can shed those unwanted pounds (it’s really 8 not 5, I just didn’t want to admit that), I’ve learned to hide them. Kinda. No matter what, I find a way to laugh along the journey.

Here are my 4 Ways to appear slimmer in photos:

1.      Stand behind an object or have a prop in your photo.



2.      Find a way to cover your trouble areas (for me it is the tummy area).



3.      Pose with your body at an angle, extend one foot away from your body.



4.      Smile – if you smile big enough, it will distract people and they may forget about looking at anything else.



That’s my story and I’m sticking to it. Love yourself and laugh at your bumps in the road of life. A laugh a day keeps stress at bay.

Pre-order your copy of Laughter H.E.L.P.S., by clicking here. Your copy will be to you when the book publishes on July 23. Let’s laugh together.

No comments:

Post a Comment