Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, March 5, 2021

Fun Friday – Dancing in the streets

 


Have you been sitting in front of a screen a lot lately? You’re so popular that everyone wants you to attend their virtual event. You have been sitting long enough, it’s time to get up and get moving. Don’t let the pandemic push you into a corner of seclusion.

One sunny day in the middle of winter, and in the middle of a pandemic, it was my birthday. I didn’t have any travel plans, I didn’t want to sit in a restaurant, so I did what I do best, created my own fun. Like songstress Patti LaBelle sang, I got a New Attitude – from my head to my shoes.

Patti LaBelle New Attitude

My new attitude consisted of a new dress, new hairstyle, and new magnetic eyelashes (that I didn’t know how to use). I told my son, “Grab that camera of yours, we’re going on a photo shoot.”

It was fun playing dress-up to go nowhere, except to an area near our house and take photos. Like any budding photographer, my son said, “Come over here, this would make a nice shot.” Somehow we ended up in the middle of the street taking photos (do this at your own risk, be careful).

After a few minutes, my other son arrived on the scene with music playing from his phone. Have you ever heard a song come on the radio, or through a loudspeaker, and you immediately begin to bob your head? Your shoulders join the movement, your arms begin to sway, within seconds you’re dancing like you’re on a dance show.

It happened to me, in the middle of a quiet street as my son blasted the song Brick House by The Commodores. Music is my happy place; I began Dancing in the streets (another song). My son the influencer began chanting, “Go mama, go mama.” So, I kept going, dancing, and he joined in.

The Commodores Brick House

Little things can brighten your day. Dancing in the streets may not be your idea of fun. Punch up your music and dance on the porch or boogie in your backyard. Create a happy place.



During this pandemic and going forward, find your happy place and go there often. When you have time check out the songs I’ve listed and get your body moving.


Martha and The Vandellas - Dancing in the Street

No comments:

Post a Comment