Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, June 29, 2020

Motivational Monday – Summertime – 3 Ways to Combine Faith and Fun




Sitting on the front porch, sunshine warming everything it touches, and me, biting into an apple, squirting juice everywhere. Not far away are my sidekicks – a book of some kind and my laptop. It’s one of my favorite kind of summertime days. I love fresh fruit on relaxed summer days. As I read a magazine article, I was reminded of a different kind of fruit – Fruit of the Spirit.

The fruit of the Spirit include – love, joy, peace patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. You can share this fruit with those around you. Here are three ways you can share faith and fun.

1.      Pause and enjoy your surroundings
July is celebrated as National Parks & Recreation Month. Take a morning or evening stroll through your local park. Stop and observe God’s creation all around you. What do you see, hear, smell? If you enjoy writing, take a journal, and record your thoughts.



2.      Spend time with friends and family
Spending time with friends may look different than it used to. While the stay-home order was in effect in my area, a few friends and I dressed for our virtual church service, as though we were going somewhere. We took pictures at our individual homes and posted them on social media. It was good to see their smiling faces.

3.      Work in a garden
If you have young children, encourage them to play in the dirt with you (older kids welcome too). Plant flowers and hold a casual conversation about, “In the beginning, God created…”  As a reward for the fruits of your labor, slurp on an ice-cold popsicle or go out for ice cream.



As a bonus…
4.      Humor
What pictures have you seen, or statements you’ve heard, that caused you smile? Below is something my young adult son shared with me – a child’s prayer.

Photo Credit: Author Unknown

As you combine faith and fun, you can also exhibit qualities from the fruit of the Spirit – love, joy, patience, kindness.

Wishing you a summertime filled with living in an overflow of all things good.


No comments:

Post a Comment