Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, November 18, 2019

Motivational Monday – Thanksgiving a time for giving thanks

Photo Credit: Heartland Paper Company

Shopping carts filled with a turkey, sweet potatoes, macaroni and cheese and other delights, navigate the grocery store aisles. Christmas tunes blast through speakers. Folks are preparing for their Thanksgiving feast.

At home the table is set for guests – Uncle Joe, Grandma Cookie, Cousin Ann and a coral of kids. All are ready for family stories, fun, and fellowship. It’s a time for giving thanks. What are your Thanksgiving traditions and what are you thankful for?

Today I give thanks for family and the memories we create. When my sons were young, we’d visit my mom, watch the Thanksgiving Day Parade, then watch my grandfather fall asleep, sitting on the couch after dinner.

Thanksgiving Day has traditionally been the start of mom and me watching Holiday movies. We began with the movie Imitation of Life, moved on to Miracle on 34th Street, and then watched a series of others. My favorites today include anything on the Hallmark Channel.

There are so many things to be thankful that the list can go on and on. As you prepare for Thanksgiving this year, be sure to give thanks for things large and small. Is there something that you can do to spread Thanksgiving joy to someone else?


No comments:

Post a Comment