Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, April 12, 2019

Fun Friday - How will you celebrate National Humor Month?

Photo Credit: My Identity Doctor

It was a cool almost spring, night, sleep had overtaken my body early. The temperature in my bedroom was warm, yet I was curled underneath a fluffy blanket. My young adult son arrived home from work and disrupted my slumber. He stood in my doorway and announced, “Ma, can we please turn the heat OFF? Not everyone in the house if going through menopause.”

I replied by shifting my body sideways and kicking one leg from the blanket. Then I grumbled “hmph.”

The month of April is celebrated as National Humor Month. How will you celebrate? Take time this month to uncover the humor in everyday situations. Make a commitment to frown less and smile more.
Everybody has a story to tell. Think about a situation that has happened to you, can you find something funny about the incident?

It may not seem funny when you’re experiencing financial difficulty, but you find a way to make it through. Here are a couple of scenarios that were birthed during a time I was struggling.
Bill Collectors

How many of you don’t answer your cell phone if you don’t recognize the number? As I was talking to my mom on the phone one day, her cell phone rang. She looked at the screen and saw it was an 800 number. She began to read the number aloud “800 -4-7-7…”

I cut her off mid-sentence, “Oh, that’s XYZ Energy.”
She wondered how I knew the number, “they call me a lot.”

In fact, the other day when I saw the number pop up on my phone, I ignored it and the voicemail. After a couple of hours I finally listened to the message, it said, “We apologize for any inconvenience, while the power is down in your area. We have a truck working to restore your power.”

Whew…and I thought they were hounding me for that $297 I owed.
Isn’t it funny how the bill collector asks you when you think you can make payment or payment arrangements…”when I get a higher paying job??!!”

If I knew when I could pay, I wouldn’t be avoiding your call. Duuuh.

I told the man, “When I get paid next week, I’ll set aside $200 and you and the phone company can decide who’s going to get paid first. How about that for payment arrangements?”

When you’re going through a stressful time, keep going and remember, this too shall pass.

In observance of National Humor Month, I’m offering a free gift with the purchase of my book Menopause Ain’t No Joke Blending Faith and Humor in Perfectly Imperfect Situations.  To qualify, order from my website (or Amazon or Barnes and Noble) and show me something that indicates your purchase. I’ll mail your gift to you (anywhere in the US).

Leave a comment today through April 14th and I will send you my tip sheet on How to Uncover Humor in Stressful Situations. Be sure I have your email address.

Celebrate National Humor Month by uncovering humor in life’s not so fun situations.




No comments:

Post a Comment