Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, October 8, 2018

Motivational Monday – Perseverance


The sky was a blanket of darkness combined with spots of fog. I focused on the tail lights of the car in front of me as I drove down the highway. It was past 7am on a Saturday morning, but the sun refused to shine. With a warm cup of coffee in the cup holder and the GPS set, the five-hour trip was bearable. I pressed onward. Its football season and I’m a diehard Verges fan (my son).

Liquid sunshine, in the form of rain, beat down on the car windshield. I increased the speed of the wipers and kept driving. Perseverance. I was determined to make it to another game before the end of the season. Time seemed to stand still as I passed mile marker, after mile marker, until finally, I saw signs directing me to the college. Perseverance.

After a few more miles, and several turns, I had achieved success. I saw stadium lights shining brightly through the overcast clouds. Carrying my stadium chair, blanket, and an umbrella, I was football ready. A smiling face at the gate handed me a program, it was kickoff time.

As the game progressed, I was not the only one who experienced perseverance. The players on my son’s team pushed through fumbles, off-sides calls, and other penalty calls. The defense was strong, holding their opponent from scoring at the five-yard line. Our offense took the field again and scored. Tenacity and teamwork kept the game score in close range.

Our team lost the game, but at no point did they give up their best effort. After the game, I listed as both my sons recapped the game, discussing plays that were run, most of it was language that I didn’t understand. One thing I did understand, was the sense of calmness that washed over me.  I was engulfed in thoughts of how my young men persevered through high school and now college.

I’m so glad I persevered through parenting challenges to arrive at today. Feeling blessed.


If you are struggling with a situation, keep your faith and P.U.S.H (Pray Until Something Happens).

No comments:

Post a Comment