Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, October 5, 2018

Feel Good Friday – Have a Can Do Attitude


“Train insane or stay the same.” This was the statement the fitness coach left us with at the end of an intense workout. This simple statement packs a punch. If you’ve ever said, “I want to lose a little weight” or “I want to get in shape,” you know it can be a challenge.

Many times we focus on reasons why we can’t do something – not enough time, it’s not a good time, maybe when the kids are older. It’s time to adopt a “can do” attitude.

One year ago I began working out at a new gym. My goal was to improve my fitness. I wanted to be more toned, stronger, and lose a few pounds. Two out of three isn’t bad. I’ve lost weight, but a couple of pounds keep finding their way back. Overall, I’m stronger and have developed a healthier lifestyle.

When I changed fitness facilities, I changed my attitude. I learned a new language. I had never heard of a Burpee, Burpee Suicides, Squat Press or a Bosu Ball. I learned what it means to eat clean. I had to tell myself I can do this and I did it. And I keep doing it. You can too.

When you do something long enough it becomes a habit. Develop a habit of finding something positive to speak over your life each day. A blog I follow encouraged readers to “make a list of reasons you can have, do or be what you want (Susan Lieurance – The Morning Nudge).” I’m calling this a Can Do List.

Below are a few sayings to get you started with your Can Do attitude.

·         “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” Philippians 4:13 NKJV
·         “Where there is a will there is a way.” Pauline Kael
·         “If you can believe it, the mind can achieve it.” Ronnie Lott

Do you have a Can Do attitude or will you develop one?


No comments:

Post a Comment