Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, September 18, 2017

Muffins with Mom – Motivation Monday – Follow your bliss


“Make your life a masterpiece; imagine no limitations on what you can be, have or do.”
Brian Tracy

Is there something that you have wanted to do, but have been putting it off? The time is now. Follow your bliss, your happiness. My son has always wanted to play college football. He made it happen with commitment, determination, and tenacity.

My son played in his second college football game recently. After a significant loss with the first game, my son was excited about their win. He sent me a text that read, “We won, and I did good! I balled out tonight.” Simply put, hard work pays off.

I too, am learning to follow my bliss. This past weekend was the culminating event for the Ms. Black Fit and Fine Pageant in which I was a contestant. The journey began six months ago when I attended an informational meeting about the pageant.

The pageant organizers were friendly and encouraging. The materials stated that the pageant was more than just a beauty pageant. And it was more. It was about self-improvement and doing your personal best. I had been doing the same fitness routine for the past few years and wondering why the results were not different.

Once I signed on the dotted line to become a contestant, I made other changes. My workout routine changed. I joined a new gym – A-Train Super Fit, Belleville, MI (just a commercial break). The personal trainer encouraged the group to push past any excuses.

In addition to routine exercise, we always hear that nutrition is important. As the story goes, I made a concerted effort to be more aware of the nutritional value of the foods I ate. Change is gradual and I am still a work in progress.

Being a contestant in the Ms. Black Fit and Fine Pageant made me push beyond my personal boundaries. I was rewarded with a second place finish, but the best reward was that I followed my bliss. At the end of the day, I can say that all the ladies who participated in the pageant followed their bliss and exhibited their personal best.







The time is now. Make your life a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment