Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, September 29, 2017

Fun Friday – All in a day’s work

photo credit

Have you ever had a day where you just didn’t feel like going to work? It happened the other day. My son called me late afternoon and said, “Hey Ma, whatcha doing?”

“I’m working, what about you?” I said.

“Just got out of class…I don’t feel like going to work.”

“You’d better got to work, it’s a short shift for you.”

My son sighed into the phone, “I know.”

While he was hemming and hawing, the light bulb came on in my head. I said, “You know what…my grass needs to be cut and the basement can stand reorganizing.”

I heard his voice perk up as he said, “I can’t do it today, I’m on my way to work.”

Dental Visit
During a recent dental appointment, my dentist asked me, “Has anything changed since your last appointment?”

“Yes…menopause,” I said.

“Oooo, that does cause a change in your teeth and gums.”

After a heavy sigh, I responded. “Give it to me straight doc, how much time do I have left with this set of teeth?”

I left that visit smiling as much as I could, while I still have all of my teeth, minus a few wisdom teeth.


Has anything funny happened to you recently on the job?


No comments:

Post a Comment