Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Muffins with Mom – Count down to Christmas

photo credit
The end is near. We are near the end of the year, a time for reflecting and projecting. As we count down the days until Christmas, think about what you are grateful for and what you are looking forward to in the New Year.  What are your plans for the last few days leading up to Christmas?

At our house there has been a lot of dashing through the snow to various events. We drove my teen son to an out of state college visit the other day. I was impressed by the message delivered by the football coaches. In fact, I nudged my son or glared at the side of his head every time the coach said something that I had told him previously.



One coach encouraged the boys to always sit at the front of the room in their classes and be alert. He told them to remember the acronym S.L.A.N.T.

Sit up
Lean forward
Act interested
Nod
Tract the teacher (follow them him/her with your eyes)



The wise coach also said, “Invest your time, don’t spend your time.” It was a good visit.
A few days after the college visit, it was time for me to dash off in search of goodies for our Christmas program at church. It has become tradition that my friend and I shop for the program and fill the bags. Seventy five filled bags and two rehearsals under our belt, it was time for the Christmas production. I was another event closer to Christmas.



As I near the finish line with Christmas Day in sight, I make time to reflect on the things that have been important in my life. It has been faith, family and friends that have brought joy throughout the year. I am grateful for my journey and I look forward to new experiences in the upcoming year.

As you count down the days to Christmas, how will you spend your time?
Wishing you a Holiday filled with many blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment