Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, December 16, 2016

Fitness Friday – What are you weighting for? 3 ways to enhance your workout routine

A-Train's Super Fit


In the Bible there are scriptures about how the earth trembled, quaked and foundations shook. And that’s how the earth felt when I changed my workout routine. My son said, “Ma, that’s how it should be when you push yourself.”

A friend invited me to workout at a place where she’s a member. “You can participate FREE the first time.”



On my free visit day is it was someone’s birthday. The birthday girl turned 67 years young. We celebrated by executing 67 repetitions of every exercise that we did. She pumped weights, we pumped weights. We couldn’t let her down…if birthday girl could do it, we’d better put forth an effort. At least that’s what I told myself.

I think I scared my body by changing my routine. Sweat was pouring down my face like a running faucet. We performed movements that were different for me – we used weighted balls, kettle bell weights and did squats with stretch bands around our ankles. Like Elvis, I was all shook up at the end of my workout, but in a good way.
At the end of the workout hour ever
yone chanted, “fat, fat go away, don’t come back another day.” It felt good to me done and I felt energized. I went back the following day and began the free week offer for first time members. It was a good group of women all focused on improving their health.

Have you changed your workout routine lately or thought about beginning a routine? Here are 3 ways you can enhance your workout.

1.      Do something differently – shake up your workout. If you always walk on the treadmill, step off and try a different cardio routine. What’s the definition of insanity?...doing things the same way and expecting different results.
2.      Challenge yourself – add one new element to your routine workout; workout with a friend who will challenge you. Raise the stakes – set goals and reward yourself along the way. If you have added three new exercises in a month, treat yourself to a movie night or some other small incentive.
3.      Change our eating habits – eating healthy will help enhance the results of your workout.

What are you weighting for? Whether you want to lose weight, tone your body or just have a healthier heart, review your fitness routine. Is it time to make a change?


No comments:

Post a Comment