Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Wellness Wednesday – Cardio drumming - 3 secrets to a successful workout

photo credit

Thump, thump, click, click. Drum sticks pound against a 25 inch rubber ball as upbeat music plays in the background. It’s not your typical workout, but rather a unique means to get heart rate going and your workout in full swing. It’s Cardio Drumming.

It’s easy to say, I want to get in shape or I want to work out more. What’s the secret to establishing a fitness routine and sticking with it? Below are 3 secrets I have found successful.

·         Workout with a friend – when you work out with a friend you can motivate and encourage each other. Most recently a friend invited me to try a Cardio Drumming class. I had been saying for weeks that I was going to try this class, but had not gotten around to it.

·         Try something that doesn’t have the feel of a workout – Cardio Drumming. My first thought was, can hitting a ball with drum sticks really provide a workout. Yes, it can and it did. There is arm movement, squats, core work and energized music to make you think you’re dancing rather than working out.

·         Don’t compare yourself to others – whatever your fitness choice is, go at your own pace and challenge yourself based on your goals.

If your workout regime becomes too routine and you’re not seeing the results you want, shake things up a bit.  Try something different.


What tips do you have for a successful workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment