Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, July 1, 2013

Dressed to chill - Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day


Photo Credit: wwww.bentnorthrop.org


Today is the day, another national holiday that I stumbled upon – Creative Ice Cream Flavors Day. Celebrated on July 1st this day gives you a chance to create a new flavor ice cream. What will you create? Make your ice cream dressed to chill.

My first ice cream creation would be a combination of chocolate, vanilla and strawberry, oh wait that’s already been done. Since my creative juices weren’t flowing, I asked my son what his creation would include.
“Strawberry and Cherry ice cream on a regular cone,” he said. “And can we have an ice cream party?”

Actually an ice cream party sounds like fun. If you decide to throw an ice cream party, here’s a bit of trivia to stump your guests:

1.      How many pounds of mild does it take to make just one gallon of ice cream?

A.      12

B.      5

C.      20

D.     28



2.      What country consumes the most ice cream per person per year?

A.      Canada

B.      Italy

C.      United States

D.     Japan

 

3.      The ice cream cone was invented in

A.      1865

B.      1624

C.      1779

D.     1904

 

4.      Haagen Dazs is made in Sweden and its name means

A.      “Happy Days”

B.      “Have a dish”

C.      “Ice cream”

D.     Nothing

 

5.      The favorite ice cream topping is

A.      Nuts

B.      Caramel syrup

C.      Chocolate syrup

D.     Strawberry topping

 Answers

1.      A -12

2.      C – United States; each American consumes a yearly average of 23.2 quarts of ice cream, ice milk, sherbet, ices and other commercially produced frozen dairy products.

3.      D -1904; the invention of the ice cream cone is linked to the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis.  It was said that in ice cream vendor didn’t have enough dishes to keep up with the demand, so he teamed up with a waffle vendor who rolled his waffles into cornucopias.

4.      D Nothing; contrary to common belief, the name is not European; it’s just two words made up to look European to American eyes. This is known as foreign branding in the marketing industry.

5.      C Chocolate syrup

Note: quiz questions were taken from www.hunterhome.net/triviajuly06.html/.

 How will you prepare your warm weather treat? Create an ice cream flavor that is dressed to chill.





 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what flavor I would create—I love pretty much everything! My new favorite at our local frozen custard shop is a sundae made with vanilla frozen custard topped with hot fudge, peanut butter sauce, peanut butter cups, whipped cream, and a cherry. Delicious! (And now I'm craving one!)

    Have a great Monday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a good creation to me Dana. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll skip the flavor part because I can't think of a new one. The question/answer was good. I was wishing that you would post the answers. So I learned something today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Peaches for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete