Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, April 30, 2018

Muffins with Mom – Temptations of a teen

photo credit


To be, or not to be…vegan; that is the question. This is not a soliloquy by William Shakespeare, but rather a parody from the life of my teen son. He wants to become vegan for the health of it. An attempt was made a few months ago, to live this lifestyle, but my son was met with temptations.

The next attempt at the vegan lifestyle, my son gathered recipes, but was again tempted. This time it was in the form of a dream. He called to give me an update, “I had a dream…”

I cut him off mid-sentence, “Let me guess, you had a dream about beef.”

“Something like that.”

“Were there, seven lean cows and seven fat cows?”

“Huh?”

“It’s a Bible reference,” I said. Pharaoh dreamed about seven lean cows and seven fat cows.”

“Anyway…I dreamed I was at a sandwich shop and had a sandwich with bacon and pepperoni. Then it turned into a mirage.”

There was a pregnant pause. I spoke first. “Are you waiting for me to interpret your dream?”
“Could you?”

“Well, it sounds to me like maybe you went to bed hungry.”

I’m no dream interpreter, however, I reminded my son of a thought I’ve heard. When faced with temptations, you have to renew your thinking.

To be or not to be…tempted. How do you handle temptations?

No comments:

Post a Comment