Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, April 9, 2018

Motivational Monday – 4 things that make you feel rich (not related to money)



“Timing is everything. If it’s meant to happen, it will, at the right time, for the right reasons.” 
Author Unknown

Flipping through pages of a book, I stood in line at the Erma Bombeck Writer’s Workshop bookstore. Two ladies walked up behind me, chatting and laughing. As I turned around, I was greeted with smiles and an invitation to sit together for dinner. Another smiling face appeared on the other side of me, and our dinner party was up to four. A friendship was birthed.

We studied the pages of our conference booklet and made plans. “What session are you going to next?”

“Let’s meet outside the auditorium, so we can sit together for lunch.”

It wasn’t long before we realized that our personalities clicked. We were the Three Musketeers, plus D’Artagnan. “All for one and one for all.” We shared information, encouraged each other and promised to keep in touch.

What non-monetary things make you feel rich? Here’s my list…

1.      Friendships – friends provide support and encouragement. It doesn’t hurt to add new friends to your circle. When you find a good friend, you’ll never be poor.
2.      Knowledge – continue to learn new things. My mother used to say, “One thing that can never be taken from you is an education.” Knowledge can be used to build financial wealth.
3.      Love – support and love of a family makes one rich. Show love to your children, a spouse or significant other. Don’t be afraid to fall in love.
4.      Pursuing your passion – perhaps you have heard of someone who is financially wealthy, yet unhappy. Pursuing your passion does not mean everything will work out perfectly, but it’s worth an effort.
“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars.” Les Brown

During the Erma Bombeck Writer’s Workshop, my new friends and I were pursuing our passion. We were there for one reason, “develop our gift of humor, to give it away,” (Rita Davenport-Comedian).

To my new friends and old, I am richer for having you in my life.

What things make you feel rich (excluding money)?


No comments:

Post a Comment