Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Wacky Wednesday – World Beard Day

 

A kid with a gotee

Did you know that there is a such thing as World Beard Day? Yes, there is, and it’s celebrated on September 2nd. I did a Google search of bizarre holidays and there it was waiting for me.

I hate to admit this, but in my menopausal state of hair growth, I probably qualify to celebrate this bearded holiday. On the bright side, there is a benefit to having a beard and celebrating this wacky holiday. I read that it’s customary for  the bearded family members of a family to relax and not partake in jobs or chores.

There you have it, because I’m a good sport about my beard, no chores or work for me on September 2nd. I learned that in some cultures the beard represents virtues such as strength and wisdom. I’ll accept those virtues, but what happens when I get rid of my beard? I don’t plan to keep it.

Goat & Me...both with beards

Whether it’s World Beard Day, a busy workday, or a day of relaxation, include humor.

Share something you found funny recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment