Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, August 5, 2022

Fun Friday – Unmasked


Leonardo DiCaprio was confined to an iron mask in the movie, The Man in the Iron Mask. I like many others, felt confined to a cloth mask for two years, due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I knew the day would come when I could finally pull away the mask in public and feel…relief. Except, it didn’t happen that way.

It happened lie this…

The mask was cute, the colors accented the brightly colored patterned dress I was wearing, but it wasn’t breathable. My cheeks were damp, my lips were dry, and my forehead began to join the parade of perspiration. The Grand Marshal of the sweat parade was a hot flash. I felt it brewing, then like a furnace igniting…POOF.

I was participating in a job fair at work and wanted to keep any potential germs from flying from my mouth and into the space of passerby. I unlooped the corner of the mask from one ear to catch a quick breeze. Did I mention that the job fair was indoors, with the air conditioner blasting? However, my body was on a desert of its own.

A coworker arrived to relieve me from my shift at the table. I dashed off to the restroom to provide relief for my face. I grabbed a paper towel, soaked it with cold water, and patted my cheeks and forehead…instant comfort. Then I looked closely at my face. What was that on my chin?

I tilted my head to the right and leaned closer to the mirror. Right there at the corner of my chin was a pimple and a grey chin hair. I reinstituted the mask mandate and covered my chin. That mask would remain in place a little while longer…at least until I could get to a pair of tweezers.

The next time this woman in the cloth mask unveils, she will tilt her chin and walk tall, pimple, chin hair, and any other flaws.

What has been your experience with wearing a mask?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment