Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, September 5, 2022

Motivational Monday – Connection Lost – Keeping the faith through a storm

 


My computer screen was filled with a gazillion emails from my inbox. I set aside time and began to tackle some of them when an error message popped up that said, connection lost. There wasn’t a total black out, but I was stalled in reading my emails or doing anything else on my computer.

My temporary moment of inconvenience gave me time to redirect my tasks. I pulled a devotional from my bookshelf and began to re-read a few pages that were folded down. A quote at the bottom of the page read, “Be happy in the moment, that’s enough. Each moment is all we need.” -Mother Teresa

What do we do when the storms of life are raging? A first reaction may be to panic, worry, or feel overwhelmed. This is the time to put your hope in the Lord, no matter what your circumstances. Don’t lose your connection. Remain anchored in your faith. There are battles that we fight for our kids, our health, our finances, but we push through. That’s faith.

There’s a gospel song I’m reminded of with the following lyrics: There’s a storm out over the ocean and it’s moving this way. If your souls not anchored in Jesus, you will surely drift away. Keep the connection of your faith. It may not seem like it when you’re going through a challenge, but storms do pass. Your faith will help you push through it.

You may be familiar with the acronym P.U.S.H., - Pray Until Something Happens, it’s one to keep in the forefront of your mind. Prayer is one tool to keep in your toolbox of faith. No need to navigate the sea of troubles alone. Keep in mind that prayer does not only have to be used in times of struggle. You can send out prayers of thanksgiving and gratitude for the things you have.

If you feel like you’re alone and your connection to your faith has been lost, reconnect. All is not lost, renew your faith today.



1 comment:

  1. A good message to remind me to put my trust and faith in God who cares for me. I’ll reconnect my faith.

    ReplyDelete