Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, May 27, 2022

Fun Friday – 3 Ways to find joy at work through humor

 


Near the beginning of COVID-19 when many places of businesses were under a stay-at-home order, it was a time of high anxiety and stress. It was difficult to experience joy. One way that I found joy was through humor.

There were many days of hanging out in a Zoom room from my home office (the living room table, kitchen table, or any area where I could blur my background). When an opportunity came up to add fun to my day, I took advantage of it. One I dis that was by accepting an offer to participate in a Humor Happy Hour.

The Humor Happy Hour met one time a week for four weeks. Each week speakers focused on humor in the workplace. It was not a comedy show but focused on ways to uncover humor at work.

I was recently a guest on a podcast called Shore2Shore. The podcast is created by mParks, the Michigan Recreation and Park Association, and focuses on the spaces in Michigan and the people who are involved with them. One focus of my interview was using humor in the workplace,

Here are a few ways to find joy through humor at work:

1.      Create a fun at work day – have games around the office that employees can take a break and engage in – Connect 4, Lego’s, PlayDo, etc.

2.      Create an office challenge – have a competition to see who can take the greatest number of steps in a week; have a spirit week at work, think about high school days – crazy hair day, hat day, backwards day, you get the idea.

3.      Have a humor quote of the day or week – this is only fun if it is appropriate humor, choose wisely, but have fun.

Click here to listen to the podcast to see what else was covered in the podcast.

What do you do to find joy in the workplace?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment