Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, February 21, 2022

Motivational Monday – Embrace each chapter of your life

 

Embrace aging

I can name 56 flaws as I embrace Chapter 56 of my life. Instead, I choose to focus on chapter 56 with faith, fun, and feeling fabulous. What chapter are you on in your book of life?

When your birthday rolls around do you run and bury your head in the sand or hide  underneath your bed covers and refuse to surface? Don’t do it.

The countdown has begun for my 56th birthday. Yes, I know the saying, a woman isn’t supposed to tell her age. Well, I just did, and I wasn’t struck down. Embrace your age.

As I encourage myself, I encourage you to embrace who you are, where you are. Our word this week is embrace. Here is a reminder of the definition of embrace:

“The act of accepting something willingly or enthusiastically.”

Now for your challenge…

Take your age or half your age and create a list of positive words or phrases about yourself. Make up words if you want, as long as you have fun in the process. Don’t think too hard about it, set a timer, and go. You don’t have to show your list to anyone, so brag on yourself. Here is a list to jump-start your thinking:

Start with and I AM statement.

I AM…

Beautiful     Caring     Fun     Good Friend     Prospering    

Fantabulous     Intelligent     Giving     Dependable     Kind

Honest     Smart     Unique

Consider this exercise as part of your path on the road to wellness and increased self-care. What route will you take? This week I’m taking Route 56. The road will be paved with 56 kind words, quotes, phrases or whatever I come up with.

Every day for the next week, remember our key word, embrace. If challenges come your way, embrace them too. Stop and ask yourself, what can I learn from this situation?

One way I embrace my uniqueness is to take my flaws and turn them into funnies (funny stories). For instance, there was a time I was starting a new nutrition program (for the millionth time). The plan included a day of cleansing.

Just to be clear, the reference wasn’t to cleanse as in washing your body with soap and water. It meant not eating. I was discussing the program with my son, I told him, “I can’t wait to go to bed, and wake up tomorrow to NOT eat all day.”

There you have it. I embraced my weight challenges and efforts with humor (sprinkled with sarcasm).

If you’re celebrating a birthday this week, this month, or in a coming month…Happy Birthday.

Keep pushing forward.

Have fun.

Embrace you!

No comments:

Post a Comment