Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, January 6, 2020

Muffins with Mom – The Bible Lesson



Can you guess what the acronym for BIBLE means? What did you come up with? The answer is
Basic
Instruction
Before
Leaving
Earth

When my sons were younger each of them had a children’s Bible of his own. Recently I recruited my college “kids” to assist with cleaning and purging items over the Holiday break. Stuffed in a backpack with other random items, was a faux leather Bible case. The bumpy brown case with black lines had the look a feel of a basketball.

One son had a case that resembled a basketball and the other sons’ case had the look of a football. It was the information on the inside of the cases that mattered most, instructions on how to live a Godly life. I remember my younger son rolling his Matchbox cars across his Bible or using it as a pad as he drew tic-tac-toe boxes on a sheet of paper.

Learning does not happen overnight...for children nor adults. There are parables in the Bible about planting seeds, waiting patiently, and reaping a harvest. When seeds are planted, they do not sprout overnight. As a parent, it took a loooong time for me to learn to be patient. I get it now. My sons have grown into competent young men with their own ideas.

There were tears shed that they never knew about, daily prayers, and sending them to Grandma’s for my respite. I’m glad I never gave up on them or my sanity. We’re not perfect, but we continue to grow. There are many Bible lessons that can be applied to our lives, the key is to never stop learning.

Situations happen in life that are beyond our control. For those times I say, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to you own understanding. In all ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path.” Proverbs 3: 5-6.

Is there something you have been praying about – a new job, your finances, your health? Plant your seeds, be patient, pray during your waiting and know that God is in control. Things happen in His divine order. Get ready for a shift.

Remember that your Basic Instruction Before Leaving Earth (BIBLE), is your best guide. When my sons’ stumbled upon their old Bible cases, it brought back an avalanche of memories. Not all the memories were Bible lessons, but they did recall life lessons.

May all the seeds you plant this season produce a great harvest.

2 comments:

  1. Nice post!..good information,it is really helpful..it really impressed me alot and i just loved it.Thanks for posting such an informative content:
    Packers And Movers Pune

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. Thanks for stopping by the blog.

      Delete