Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, February 8, 2019

Fun Friday – A funny thing happened

photo credit: eBay
As I was contemplating a blog post idea for today, I rediscovered this one I wrote several years ago. Enjoy.

Has anything funny happened to you lately? In some cases, something so crazy happens that you have to laugh to keep from screaming. When I hang out with my mom, I can almost always expect something out of the ordinary to happen. Last week was no different.

We were on our way to an appointment in an office building; before going into the office where we were meeting, we stopped by the restroom. The door to the restroom was slightly open. Taped to the door was a handwritten sign that read “WOMEN.”  That alone should have been an indication of what we would find on the inside.

If I were a germaphobe (is that a word?), I would have turned and run away, but I tried to stick it out without touching anything. After entering the two stall restroom, I noticed the paper towel dispenser was broken. However, there was a full roll of paper towel sitting on the sink (relief).

As I pushed the first stall door open, I was greeted by a sign taped to the stall wall that asked me to “PLEASE READ.” I didn’t read all of the small print on that sign, but I did read the one across from it that said, “THIS TOILET DOES NOT FLUSH PROPERLY.”

I backed away from the first stall, then gently kicked the door open to the other stall, only to be greeted by more signage. My first thought was who is going to read all of these signs before they take care of business.  

My curiosity got the best of me so I read the sign titled, “DO NOT PUT INTO TOILET.” First on the list was tea bags.” A tea bag definitely would have been the last thing I thought to take into that restroom.

The final line of the note said, “IF YOU CLOG THIS TOILET…we will leave it unrepaired like the one to your right. I asked my mom, “do you think this is one of those hidden camera shows?” I pulled out my camera phone and took photos of the signs. I really couldn’t believe the condition of that restroom.

I think a port-a-john/portable toilet would have been better than what my mom and I experienced that day. We laughed, I screamed and I ran from that restroom like the Gingerbread Man.


What funny situation have you experienced lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment