Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, December 3, 2018

Motivational Monday – 3 Signs your fitness routine is effective



Have you consistently worked on your fitness goals, but sometimes wondered what’s the point? You leave home in the morning and its dark outside, you return at night and it’s dark. It feels like an endless cycle. However, there is a point. You’re getting stronger.

Do you remember the childhood story of The Little Engine That Could? He was a little train that had to carry out a big task. The little engine did a little self-talk. He said, “I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.” Finally, he did. He reached his goal.

If you’re struggling with your fitness regimen, you may need a little self-talk. Don’t talk yourself out of success. When you put in the effort, you will see results. Below are 3 signs (I’ve discovered) that your fitness routine is effective.

1.      You can move your kitchen stove (to clean behind it) without assistance.

2.      Your muscles develop (not bulky, just enough to know you’re strong).

One day as I was stretching my arms, I reached around to my back, just under my arm and felt a knot. My mind raced, I thought, Oh Lord, I hope this is not a tumor or some other health ailment. I felt the other side of my body and it was a mirror image. I mentioned my episode to the fitness coach the next day and she said, “that’s from doing pull-ups.” As it turns out, I was developing muscles. I’ve never had them in that spot before. Now I know what it feels like to be strong.

3.      Your clothes fit differently.

Perhaps you feel a little extra space in your waistline when wearing a pair of pants that used to fit more snug.

Keep your fitness regimen if it works for you. If you become discouraged or reach a plateau, do something different to provide variety, but don’t quit.


What signs have you experienced that indicate your fitness routine is effective?

No comments:

Post a Comment