Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Friday, December 7, 2018

Fun Friday - 12 Days of Christmas Fitness

Photo Credit: Fitness is Sweet

As you jingle jangle around, shopping for the Holidays and visiting friends and relatives, don’t forget to take time for yourself. Whiles you’re cooking, baking and decorating, why not sprinkle in a little exercise? Your body will appreciate you.

In the spirit of the Holiday, I’ve come up with a list of 12 exercises you can add to your routine. These are exercises that are led/demonstrated by coaches at the fitness studio that I attend. Disclaimer – I am NOT a trainer, do what your body will let you do.

Just to make this fun, I want you to sing the 12 Days of Christmas as you work through each exercise. You know the song…On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, a partridge in a pear tree.

Here we go…

12 Day of Christmas Fitness
On the first day of Christmas, my fitness coach said to me - 1 Burpee Challenge
On the second day of Christmas, my fitness coach said to me - 2 Power Jacks and one Burpee Challenge

Okay, I think you get the idea now, so I’ll just list the rest of your challenge and leave it up to you to build them into the song.
3   Mountain Climbers
4   Squat Jacks
5   Plank Jack Burpees
6   Hammer Curls
7   Curtsy Lunges
8   Jack Knife Sit-ups
9   High Knees Leaping
10  Tricep Extensions
11  Bicep Curls
12  Sumo Squats

There you have it, the 12 Days of Christmas Fitness. Feel free to engage in all 12 exercises every day for 12 days. You will feel better just getting your body moving.

What exercises would you add to the list above?

Photo Credit: TeePublic


No comments:

Post a Comment