Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Wednesday Wonders - What would you do?

photo credit

Have you ever experienced a situation where once it was over, you thought about how you could have handled it differently? What would you do if the following situation happened to you?

As I was shopping at my local grocery store, I walked down an aisle where a couple of pre-teen kids were playing with a ball. It was one of those bouncy balls, about eight inches in diameter and light weight.

The youth threw the ball back and forth to each other, laughing as they played. As I strolled past the first child, while studying food on the shelves, I felt a bop against the back of my head. I paused without turning around and said to myself, did I just get hit in the back of my head? Self answered and said, yeah you did. I just chuckled.

The kids looked at each other, the girl covered her mouth and looked away, the boy sheepishly said, “sorry.” I smiled at them and said, “Its okay.”

In the next aisle, I encountered the youth again. I smiled at them and said, “Let me get past you, one of you has bad aim.” They returned the smile and we went our separate ways. There were no injuries suffered, I was more amused than anything else.

This situation reminded me of the days when my boys would grab a ball from the bin in the store and begin bouncing it or tossing it to each other. I can only hope they didn’t hit anyone in the head.  

How would you have led the scenario?


No comments:

Post a Comment