Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, June 20, 2016

Muffins with Mom – Reflections


Have you noticed that people are constantly taking photos on their phones? Well, I fit into that category too. So much so that the other day I saw someone taking a photo with a digital camera and my first thought was, I remember those. My teens often ask, “Ma, why do you have to take so many pictures?”

One of them discovered the answer. As we were downloading photos from my phone to another location, my oldest son took out an old photo album. With a chuckle in his throat he said, “Look at me, what was up with my hair?” Then he said, “Look at Granny! I don’t remember that.” Not only did my son stumble across old photos, but he found video that he and his brighter created.

As my son and I scrolled though photographs and reflected on past memories, we also spent time talking. My son posed a question, “Ma, you know how people say…’how do you know where you’re going, if you don’t know where you come from?’ How do you figure that out?”

“You start just as we’re doing now…reflecting.”

We talked more about family history – the traditions during the time my great grandmother grew up; the fact that my grandfather was a boxer when he was in the military during World War II and why certain foods are considered soul food.

Below is a snippet of what my son and I found on our journey of reflecting.






What my son discovered is that our gene pool can be a little silly at times.


I encourage you to spend a little time reflecting with your child, you will be surprised how much there is yet to be discovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment