Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, February 17, 2014

Muffins with Mom – Unfinished projects


Photo credit

Have you ever started a project then never got around to completing it? One lazy Sunday afternoon, I went to my sewing/craft container to grab a spool of thread to mend a sock (something I rarely do). While digging through the storage container, I made several discoveries of unfinished projects.
 
 

The first item I stumbled across was a pattern for a baby blanket that I was going to make for my son. He’s now fourteen years old and I don’t think I ever finished the blanket. My first clue was that the uncut pattern was still folded neatly in its packaging.
The next item I found was a pattern for a sundress… in a size I would have to squeeze into now. The fabric is still in good condition, I’m pretty sure it’s not more than a couple years old. Maybe by spring I’ll find time to turn that fabric into a skirt.

Have you ever been excited about a project only for it to eventually fall by the wayside? It can happen to the best of us. Especially when parenting responsibilities take precedence. So what can you do about it? Have a muffin, then come up with a plan.

Select one unfinished project that you’re really, really excited about and decide to finish it.  Set a deadline and stick to it. It might also be helpful to create a checklist of what you need in order to complete the project. Most of all, make it fun.
Do you have any unfinished projects?

No comments:

Post a Comment