Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Monday, September 25, 2017

Muffins with Mom - The gift


You have been asked, “What’s the best gift you ever received and what made it stand out?” How would you respond? I was working on a writing prompt and the aforementioned, was one of the questions. It was a tough question for me.

It was hard to narrow my answer to one gift. For the sake of this blog, I chose a gift that is related to parenting. It was a soft furry, red teddy bear. The bear wore a shirt with lettering that read, “You are a great mom. Hang in there.”

The gift was from a good friend and came at a time when I felt at my wits end with something my boys were doing. It has been over ten years since I received that gift. It is memorable because it was an unexpected gesture that came at a time that I needed a word of encouragement.

Often, we receive blessing in unexpected ways. Maybe it’s a kind word or a gesture that brings a smile to your day. Don’t discount the little things, they can speak volumes. Accept your gift, and pay it forward when you have an opportunity?

What gift have you received that made a positive impact on you in some way?

No comments:

Post a Comment