Welcome

Join me in my daily walk through the joys and struggles of parenthood. Share a word of encouragement or be encouraged. Cry a little, laugh a lot, but know it is all in divine order.

Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Words of Wisdom – Lessons learned

A selfie?

Have you ever heard the adage, “you learn a new lesson every day?” I’ve learned that lessons are found in many different situations. Today’s blog post is a combination of lessons learned during my daily interactions.

The Principal’s List
My cousin who lives out of state posted a statement on her Facebook page about a proud moment. She said her daughter made the Principals List. I congratulated her on a job well done. Then a thought occurred to me.

A number of years ago my son made the Principals List too…it wasn’t a good thing. Thanks goodness kids mature…eventually.
I have learned to eat an elephant one bite at a time (another adage I’ve heard often). I challenge you to do the same. Celebrate the successes of others, turn your challenges into stepping stones and live each day with joy.

The Photograph
Spending time with family is always entertaining for me. Recently I hung out with my nieces who I had not seen in a while. In my excitement, I said to my niece, “Let’s take a selfie.”
She simply said, “A selfie is one person.”

“Ok, then what is it called when there are two people?”

“A picture.”

I learned from my niece that I am not as hip as I thought I was.


In what situations have you uncovered a lesson lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment